Saturday, August 27, 2011

In the beginning...

Long overdue I've decided to create a blog dedicated to my first novel Two Halves (working title). I'm hoping it will keep those of you who have been asking informed on the progress of my writing. Backtrack to March 2009 when an inspiration (which I'll talk about some other time) turned on a switch in my head and I started to write. What I thought would take 5-6 months, took almost three years to complete. But now, I can humbly say that the book is almost ready, in the final edit stages. I'm excited that soon I'll be able to introduce Sarah and William along with their sibling friends Xander and Mira to the world - I mean, our world. They've been in my head long enough, with the siblings ready to shape-shift out of the pages. Now I'm torn between continuing to write and promote the novel (which believe me is a job in itself) and it's turning out to be a big juggling act, right in between my family life and real estate career. My family and friends have been the greatest support I could ever ask for, believing in my passion and the story I'm telling. Personally, I think they're tired of hearing me talk about the characters as if they were real (just kidding). So for now, my most heartfelt Thank You to everyone who has followed my slow progress to see Two Halves in print (crossing fingers and toes). And perhaps I'm jumping a little ahead of myself, but hey, if you don't dream, don't try and don't believe and just sit on your butt, of course nothing will happen. With my innermost soul, I will do everything that's in my power and control to make my dream a reality. Keep posted...



No comments: