As clock ticks down the hours and minutes, I realize I will miss them and not miss them at the same time, which is kind of a weird feeling. First day of school to me always feels like the summer is over and we need to start getting ready for winter (which reminds me that I need to book skiing lessons tomorrow).
So, as a tribute to Summer 2012, I thought I'd share with you my most memorable moments:
- Camping in July: First setting up the tent in rain, then baking in 45 degrees Celsius. Hiding out in visitors center to cool off. My kids making another 16km bike trail and their chocolate ice cream. Perfect camping trip.
- Swimming lessons - kiddies finally made it to level 6: so proud of them
- Having our campfire in the back yard
- Enjoying coffee with my hubby on the patio
- picking about 50 tomatoes in my backyard, peeling them and cooking for sauce to be used in the future
- Our trip to New York - probably the highlight of the summer
- My daughter's soccer games and the dive she took to save the ball. What an awesome team they had!
- My son's soccer development practices - what a great coach! The man was simply born to be a coach!
- The kids devotion to their Karate. I can't believe they remember all those moves.
- Kids sleeping in until 10 or 11 in the morning. How many times in our lives do we get to do that?
So, if school starts for your kids tomorrow like for mine, take the time to remember your summer, because no matter how small or how big your adventures were, I'm sure you won't have the same one next year. Perhaps it will be better, perhaps worse, but definitely not the same.
What will you remember most from your summer?