Monday, July 15, 2013

A Pyramid of Projects

As you're reading this I'm likely on a beach :) Or perhaps still sleeping in the tent since this will be published early in the morning.

Yes, it's our annual vacation time to Pinery Provincial Park. I've been going there with the family for the past twenty four years, first as a teen with my parents, and now with my own kids. Our first trip with our first little one was when Alex was only five months old. We haven't missed a year since so this trip really means a lot to the kids. This time though the grandparents are staying back due to work and so they can sit our house.

I'm looking forward to some time away from the computer (although I'm taking it with me to do some formatting). My kindle is full for the beach reading (goal to read 4 books in five days depending on family needs for my time) and I'm soooooo looking forward to the books.

I may get some writing, or at least plotting done for the next book.

I think I'm getting a hang of this juggling between projects. While one book is in editing, I'm writing another one and yet another is publishing which makes it a nice cycle. Sort of like a pyramid.

I'm hoping to finish the one under this name before the end of the month and send it off to my editor. I've been stuck on it for a while now because the other books have been begging to be written. But I have the title and will email my designer to finish the cover when i return from camping. The title is "Racidiuum" and it's  a post-apocalyptic, dystopian fantasy which makes it sort of a hybrid genre I guess.

I hope your summer is going well. Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Have a great time at the beach and I hope you get in some writing time.

Annalisa Crawford said...

Enjoy the break, and the reading! In my experience, you can write any old time, but reading takes a lot more effort :-)

Gina Gao said...

Enjoy your break!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

It sounds so, so wonderful!

Michelle (A Thousand Lives Lived) said...

What a nice tradition! I can't wait to read Racidiuum! Hope you're having a good, relaxing time!