Monday, May 28, 2012

Twitter and Sequel

WORD FOR THIS POST:

Twitter (v): 1. to utter a succession of small, tremulous sounds, as a bird.
2.to talk lightly and rapidly, especially of trivial matters; chatter.
3.to titter; giggle.
4.to tremble with excitement or the like; be in a flutter.
5.Digital Technology . tweet ( def. 4 )
 
OK, I'm officially back on the blog. Yay! I didn't really leave, but trimmed my posts and commenting in the past month due to writing and editing commitments. I must say, I missed it. Lots.
 
So what have I been up to? Lots and lots of writing, editing, writing, and editing of the sequel to Two Halves. Title: Two Equals. I'm still in awe how the ending turned out so perfect. The story fell into place with the back story. I love it.  Each time I read the ending I cry because of the emotions evoked. Now that this is done, I'll be working on my marketing plan (need to tweak it), more editing, another novella that needs to be told and the WIP I took a pause from in January which is 3/4 done. Can't wait to get into the story.

So again, lots of writing, but on a more leisurely schedule.

I've also been learning how to use twitter effectively for both marketing and interacting with others. I have not implemented everything yet, but I will. I've been using tweet adder to search followers interested in reading, schedule my tweets and interact. HootSuite is also awesome to manage both the Twitter and Facebook platforms. If you think I sound like I know what I'm doing, it's just a perception. I'm still learning and wish I'd done it earlier. If you'd like to follow me on Twitter I'm at @martaszemik
 
One great place for writers and authors is the World Literary Cafe - an online community that bridges the gap between authors and readers. I find the support and knowledge of other authors incredible! It's also where I learn about the tweeting :)

Some very cool announcements are coming soon! I'm excited to say I'm well on target to meeting my goal of 5 titles by the end of 2012. I didn't think I could do it, but now, I'm pretty sure it will happen.

Are you on Twitter? We're almost halfway through 2012, are you behind, ahead or right on target for your goals?

4 comments:

shelly said...

I'm on Twitter but don't even know my handle...I'm a total Twitter-dummy. I'll figure it out eventually.

As for my project, I'm behind due to family problems. I've been focusing on my grandson and his safety.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Since I hooked up with a group on Triberr, I think I'm more effective with Twitter.
I'm a little behind on writing but at least I'm on a roll now with my third book.

Annalisa Crawford said...

I'm not on Twitter - I wouldn't know where to begin!

And I'm completely behind with all the writing I want to do.

My sister's getting married, my mum's just retired, and I'm trying to make sense of Hubby's tax (1st year of doing it - yikes!) - so no time for me :-(

Shannon Lawrence said...

Congratulations! Sounds like you're making awesome progress. Good luck with editing and your marketing plan. I'm a bit behind my goals, but I'm not going to let it get me down. Truck on!