Thursday, December 1, 2011

When life gives you lemons...

WORD FOR THIS POST:

Introvert (n): 1. a shy person 2. in psychology a person characterized by concern primarily with his or her own thoughts and feelings.

This week life gave me 1 lemon and I had to make gallons of lemonade. That pretty much sums up what happened to me from Monday 4am until now.  I won't go into all the details, because that would take up too much space, but kids are well, still getting better, they're home and that's all that's important. Everything else will have to be caught up on shortly.

Sometimes, no matter how much planning you do ahead of time, life just seems to get in the way and brings surprises that test us in many ways. I'm glad I passed this test. Maybe not with an A+, because that would take a miracle, but I'm happy where I'm at now.

So, Two Halves is up on Amazon.com. Yay! I had a few issues with the original upload, but now everything is ok. Still have to fix the title page showing up in double, that's on the to do list.
It is also available in other formats on Smashwords.

I hope those of you who read it let me know what you think. I'm extremely excited about it!

While at the hospital I had a chance to almost finish Marked: A Two Halves Novella. It should be done by end of next week, then I have to set it aside before editing. I struggled with keeping the Novella PG rated. I'm still not sure what to do, because the main character does not want it that way. Right now it's with adult content. No matter how I write, he makes it that way, and it's the only way it seems to flow and be appropriate for who he is.

Two Halves is a young adult novel, I'm not sure the Novella will be that way. I'm trying to figure out how far I can push it to still keep it PG, but it's hard. I'm writing from a male POV and he wants to do things to his mate that aren't PG. Where should I draw the line?

The great thing about the novella is that it explains where many of the characters come from. It gives a deeper background of why they are who they are, and how they came to be that way. I expect it to be available in Spring 2012. I have the cover art all ready and know exactly what I want on the cover. We'll see how it goes.

The reason it will be Spring 2012, is because before it's out I need to write the sequel to Two Halves (yes there will be one) and then there will be a novella that follows the sequel to continue the events from the first novella and it all has to be done before Marked comes out, because of specific events that happen.

I know it sounds confusing, but it makes sense when you read it.

I hope you enjoy the novel as much a I do. I'm looking forward to posting some more info for novice writers on what I'd learned along the way and where I looked for help.

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

While at the hospital? Hope your kids are all right!
Marta, send me the links to your book and I'll do a big shout-out on Monday for you.

Annalisa Crawford said...

I'm glad your kids are recovering. And congrats on your novel! It sounds like you've got a huge heap of work to get through - make sure you have a break for Christmas!

Marta Szemik said...

Kids are much better! Thank you. yes, much work, but will do as always. Christmas break planned in Florida! Yay! Thanks for the support

Nina D'Angelo said...

Just found your site through bookblogs and thought I'd add you. Congrats on getting self published through smashwords. I have heard so many different things about this site. I may look into it when I finish the novel I'm writing.

Green Monkey said...

Hi Marta, Monkey here... I'm just above you on the insecure writers support group link. I have also heard many great things about smashwords. Congratulations on your novel.