Friday, December 21, 2012

2012 in Review

This will be my last post this year (not because of the Mayan Apocalypse). I'm hosting Christmas for the whole family on Monday, so my home is upside down as we prepare for Monday.

The year flew by. We all got one year older, perhaps one year wiser (I hope). What started like something I wanted to do (write and publish a book) turned out to be a career I want to grow.

I learned a ton, read another ton and wrote... ... too much and not enough at the same time.

It's difficult to believe that one year ago I published my first book. It seems like yesterday. I will not go back to the resolutions I made at the beginning of the year and if I accomplished what I expected, because I really feel I accomplished much more than I expected.

Total of 9 titles under two pen names (2 novels, 2 novellas, 5 short stories) and one collection. I'd like to multiply that number by three for next year. We'll see how it goes.

As you can see on the right side bar, my word count is a bit off (but not updated yet). I will be about 30,000 words short for this year which will be added to next years' count.

One of  my major goals will be to establish specific writing hours, with no internet, and follow that schedule through the week with the hope to publish the three different series I'm working on throughout the year.

Now, if you're still reading this, the world didn't end. I read somewhere it's supposed to happen at 6:11 AM EST and it should be that time right about now.

But if you're a fast reader and it's 6:10 AM, please don't panic. An old calendar is about to end, and a new one will begin - that's all.

To all of my blogger friends, readers, fans, supporters, and writers, I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year filled with love, happiness, warmth and joy. May you be blessed and touched with hope for a better year and may all your wishes come true. Keep safe during the holidays and I'll see you in the New Year.

As always, I will be lurking around other blogs ;)

Cheers!

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Marta, I am so impressed with how many titles you wrote this year. I can't even manage one a year.
Hope next year is even better for you.
Merry Christmas!