Monday, November 5, 2012

Family Weekend

Thankfully we didn't get flooded. Some harsh winds our way from Sandy, but nothing compared to what hit NY, NJ and others. Wow! What devastation - mother nature has a way of surprising me all the time.

For the first time in a while I had a very nice weekend.

Meaning, I was able to spend lots of time with the kiddies, hubby, parents and brother in law, and still got work done.

How? I don't really know, but everything worked out so well, I was surprised how much I got done. My wonderful editor also sent me the edits for the fourth book in the series "Evil-Bent: A Two Equals Novella", which means lots of computer time over then next few days. I've already started, and it's going better than I thought.

I'm planning to release the last book in the series beginning of December (or perhaps earlier if all goes well:)


Friday night we watched a movie "The Tall Man".  All I can say is AWESOME! I wasn't sure whether I could watch it in the first 15 minutes because it gave me the feeling of "The Lovely Bones" and I really don't like movies where children get hurt, but this one was way different than I expected.
Amazing ending, lots of emotional turns, and had me guessing for a while. Hubby still doesn't get how I can figure out an ending of such a complicated movie, but I think it goes with the territory of being a writer-it's RARE that I cannot figure out an ending early in the movie. In my opinion it was under rated.


Photo source




What did you do this weekend? Have you seen "The Tall Man"?



3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you had a good weekend with your family. Looking forward to that last book!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

Good to hear you did get too many problems from Sandy AND had a great weekend. The Tall Man sounds great because I also love it when a movie surprises me.

Annalisa Crawford said...

Proper family time is so hard to get these days - everyone dashing this way and that! Glad you had a good time. I did too, this weekend - great family party :-)