Monday, October 10, 2011

JA Konrath hiatus

WORD FOR THIS POST:
Apprehensive : (adj) 1. uneasy or fearful about something that might happen: apprehensive for the safety of the mountain climbers.

I like the word for this post because I remember the day I learned what it means. I was watching "Full House". To me, the sound of the word defines its meaning. If this is weird, I agree, because I cannot think of another word that to me would be defined by its own sound.

So, JA Konrath is on hiatus. First, it's a well deserved hiatus.. Second - I will miss his posts. If you've never heard of him, visit his blog, his webpage and you'll see what I mean,. So much great advise for all kinds of writers - especially self published ones. Having said that, they will be accepting articles to compile an ebook of over 100 ebook authors writing about their personal publishing journey. What a great marketing idea. Joe Konrath is a wealth of information. I applaud him for committing himself to helping others, when he could be sitting on his behind, twirling his thumbs for a long, long time. Great inspiration with an understanding of a true writer.

I've started my writing, but because of the nature of the article, it cannot be finished until end of October, otherwise it would not be what I want it to be. A true journey. As soon as I have it, ready on October 31st, I'll send it in. I'm not even apprehensive about it. Wow, how far we've come! We'll see what happens. I'll keep you posted. Perhaps if I'm lucky my journey will be printed in an ebook. If I'm lucky. (yes the "lucky" is intended here for those who have read Joe's blogs)

2 comments:

Toni D. said...

good luck with your article! :)

Jeremy Bates said...

never knew he was on hiatus..........ur right though, his blog is great for writers