Friday, January 13, 2012

Blogger Friday and Skiing Video...

WORD FOR THIS POST:

Gerrymander (n): 1. U.S. Politics . the dividing of a state, county, etc., into election districts so as to give one political party a majority in many districts while concentrating the voting strength of the other party into as few districts as possible.

As every Friday I post a new blog and today it's Kat's turn. Visit her at The Aussie Zombie. I've been following Kat for a while and she's a book reviewer and a big-time reader.

I also stumbled upon http://www.copyblogger.com/. Check it out for some internet marketing information.

In the spirit of the A-Z Video Challenge I am posting my first video.

Note: The video has nothing to do with the Challenge, but I just wanted to see if I can do it. Once I pass this hurdle, I will move on to animation and making a video without a camera.


Why is this a big deal? Because I've never done anything like this before and I'm very excited.

This video was taken in March 2011. This is my younger one (six at the time) skiing at Mt. Tremblant, Quebec. The voice you hear is my hubby and he's speaking half-polish, half-english which is very common at our house (and sometimes very funny).

I can't tell you how many times I reply in the wrong language to people who don't know me. It gets even funnier when they don't know I speak another language as I don't have an accent (most of the time, unless I get nervous, then I don't guarantee which language will come out of my mouth). I used to speak French as well - still understand it, but difficult to speak it when you don't use it.

Anyway, here's the video:

I guess it would have been easier to find if my videos were not sorted under pictures.
Did it work?
Can you believe it took 45 minutes to load this?
Phew, it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be... ...off to animation :) Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Ciara said...

Video worked! Great job. I've got to check out the A-Z video. I haven't had time, i hope to this weekend.

Arlee Bird said...

Nice job. Talk about putting the viewer in the midst of the action. Your son is a really good skier.
Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with for the A to Z Video.

Lee
Have you heard about the A to Z Video Challenge?
Blogging from A to Z

Marta Szemik said...

Thanks guys. This is actually my daughter skiing. Believe it or not my son was on the black diamonds at the time.

Lee, as far as the video challenge - concept is there - just a matter of learning how to implement it :)