WORD FOR THIS POST:
Interface (n): 1. a surface regarded as the common boundary of two bodies, spaces, or phases. 2.the facts, problems, considerations, theories, practices, etc., shared by two or more disciplines, procedures, or fields of study: the interface between chemistry and physics. 3. a common boundary or interconnection between systems, equipment, concepts, or human beings.
As many of you know I've been away since Christmas in Florida on a Family vacation. I must say, I love Florida, but there's no place like home, or your own bed. After a 23 hour drive I'm exhausted but we had a wonderful time while away! Why? Here are my reasons:
1. It's warm! The weather was great, but great weather makes me feel lazy so I fell behind on what I planned to do. The warm weather actually forced me to have a proper vacation!
2. The dolphins swim in Gulf of Mexico every day, not far away from you. That part was awesome. We tapped our palms on the water (I heard that somewhere on TV) so they would come closer and they did! I think it's because dolphins think there could be a stranded fish on the surface. Whatever the reason, they were not more than 25 feet away from us.
3. NASA: For the first time in my life I visited the Kennedy Space Center. What made an impression beyond is the size of the rockets is what human beings have achieved in the past century. Space! Wow! The IMAX hubble 3D experience was beautiful. The bravery of the astronauts is beyond me. As you know I have a fear of flying and could not imagine doing what they've done. It's still unbelievable that people actually go up into space. I loved every minute of it.
4. After 20 years of not seeing one another, my husband found his uncle (whom he call cousin, but that's another story). It was great to meet his kids and family. It amazed me how much information they had about their ancestry, the photos, letters, world war stories - awesome! Creating a family tree is on my to do list now. Oh! And they had an orange tree in the backyard (we don't have those here). Absolutely beautiful!
5. The street lanes in the US are so well lit, I wish we had that up here in Canada. It makes a huge difference in driving with the reflecting lights in the pavement. No need to strain your eyes at night.
The rest of the time was spent on the beach and a little bit of shopping of course. I was able to compose my thoughts with new story ideas and organizing for the new year. Now it`s time to implement it all. I must say this was one of the better vacations in a while.
Do you have special vacation stories, memories? Feel free to share them in the comments :)