Friday, January 27, 2012

Featured Blog and A Surprise...

WORD FOR THIS POST:

Languor (n):  1. lack of energy or vitality; sluggishness. 2. lack of spirit or interest; listlessness; stagnation. 3. physical weakness or faintness. 4. emotional softness or tenderness.

This word is for those who asked me this week - you know who you are ;)

The featured blog for this Friday is:
Bob Mayer's Writing forward at: http://writeitforward.wordpress.com/

I don't get involved in publishing politics, but I do like reading about the "World of Publishing" from both traditional and indie sides. In my opinion the more information, the better. If you scroll down to Jan 24th post, the Day 1 recap of the Digital Book World is there along with some information on SEO (Search Engine Optimization).

Now for some exciting news, I received this in mail on Monday from Lightning Source! I didn't share it earlier, because I was in big time editing mode and couldn't break away. But, here it is (picture me jumping up and down and squeaking!)



Those fingertips you see all over the book are my kids. According to them I made them famous because their names are on the dedication page and in acknowledgements. It was the cutest and most honest excitement I've seen in a long time. Both wanted to take it to school to brag. I didn't let them, as that's my only copy for now, but maybe for a show and tell in the future - we'll see.

The best part: I think they realized that if you put your mind to something, you can accomplish it. I could see it in their eyes. The hope of achieving what they want was awesome!

It still seems surreal that my novel is in print.

Now where can you buy it? Here, so far and it will begin trickling in to the rest of the world as well, but slowly as the catalogs are updated.

To celebrate this, I will be doing a giveaway of 5 signed copies of Two Halves. Details will be posted on Monday!

Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Annalisa Crawford said...

How exciting. I can totally picture the jumping up and down, because I've done the same with half as much incentive!!! Although I would have been straight online to share it, and then done a tour of the neighbours, and waited for the postman to show him too!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's awesome! Nothing like holding your own book.

Matthew MacNish said...

Congratulations, Marta! That is quite an accomplishment.

Rachel Schieffelbein said...

That is so great! The part about your kids made me smile. That is so sweet. :)

Marta Szemik said...

Thank you! I'm still flabbergasted that I have it. It's unreal. I can only imagine my kids excitement. Now, time to get the next one out...

Marta Szemik said...

And yes, I know, fingerprints - not fingertips LOL!

Ciara said...

Congratulations!! That is so cool. It is such an amazing feeling to hold your own book in your hand. Also, what a great example you have set for your kids.

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

Congratulations! Great Cover. That's cute about your kids. My husband feels the same way about the dedication in my book. I came from Annalisa's blog, where she had given you an award. Nice to meet you, and I wish you spectacular success!